What's life without a little adventure?
Bear Mountain Holdings
Terms and Conditions
Updated: April 2021
1. Introduction. This website, www.BearMountainUSA.com, (the “Website”) permits users like you to purchase products, in accordance with the terms of these Terms and Conditions (the “Agreement”).
2. Legal Agreement.
(a) Please read this Agreement carefully. This Agreement is a legally binding agreement between you (“you” or “your”) and Bear Mountain Holdings, LLC, a Florida limited liability company DBA Bear Mountain Outfitters (“Bear Mountain Holdings llc”, “Bear Mountain Outfitters” or “we” or “our” or “us””).
(b) The effective date of this Agreement (the “Effective Date”) is the date you first use the Website. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you choose to accept this Agreement, you must do so as written, without modification. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, please discontinue your use of the Website immediately. You agree that by using the Website, such use constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement and your agreement to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. You warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years old and that you have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement as an individual or on behalf of your employer. Bear Mountain Holdings and you are individually, a “party” and collectively, the “parties.”
(c) You agree that any purchase of Products from us, whether through the Website, our retail store, or otherwise, shall be governed by this Agreement.
5. Updates to this Agreement. Bear Mountain Holdings RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND THE WEBSITE AND THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT IN ITS DISCRETION FROM TIME TO TIME. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING THE WEBSITE FOR CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT. Bear Mountain Holdings may, but is not obligated to, offer upgrades, updates, and improvements to the Website, and to add or discontinue any Products at any time.
6. Prohibited Uses.
(a) You may only use the Website and purchase Products for legal purposes (the “Purpose”).
(b) You shall not use the Website or Products: (i) to harass, intimidate, embarrass, or threaten any person, (ii) for any illegal, libelous, obscene, pornographic, or illegal purpose, or (iii) in a manner that violates any laws, rules, or regulations.
(c) You shall not copy, modify, creative derivate works of, or reverse engineer, in whole in or part, Bear Mountain Holdings (i) Website, including its components or contents, in whole or part, (ii) Products, or (iii) trademarks, service marks, trade dress, patents, patents pending, copyrights, and other intellectual property, including, without limitation, photographic images (the foregoing in (a) – (c) collectively, the “Intellectual Property”).
(d) Except as expressly stated in this Agreement, Bear Mountain Holdings does not grant you any license or ownership rights, including in the Intellectual Property, and all rights not expressly granted by Bear Mountain Holdings to you under this Agreement are expressly reserved to Bear Mountain Holdings.
7. Orders. You must be at least 18 years old to order any knife Products and at least 21 years old to order restricted products. Restricted products are marked on the Website. Some items on the Website may be illegal in your or other areas for possession by those under the age of 21. You shall be responsible to check all applicable federal, state, and local laws concerning the purchase, ownership, use, and possession of any Products sold to you on the Website.
8. Automatic Knife Laws & Assisted Knife Laws. The Switchblade Act, (Pub.L. 85-623, 72 Stat. 562, enacted on August 12, 1958, and codified in 15 U.S.C. § 1241–1245), as may be amended, (the “Act”) prohibits shipment of automatic knives across state lines, with the following exceptions:
(a) to civilian or Armed Forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal Government ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of the Federal Government;
(b) to supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air National guard, or militia of a state, territory or the District of Columbia ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in the connection with the activities of such organization;
(c) to supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia or the government of any State or Territory, or any county, city or other political subdivision of a State or Territory;
(d) to manufacturers of such knives or bona fide dealers therein in connection with any shipment made pursuant of an order from any person designated in paragraphs (a), (b), and (c).
Sections 1242 and 1243 of the Act shall not apply to:
(e) any common carrier or contract carrier, with respect to any switchblade knife shipped, transported, or delivered for shipment in interstate commerce in the ordinary course of business;
(f) the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce, of switchblade knives pursuant to contract with the Armed Forces.
(g) the Armed Forces or any member or employee thereof acting in the performance of his duty;
(h) the possession, and transportation upon his person, of any switchblade knife with a blade three inches or less in length by any individual who has only one arm; or
(i) a knife that contains a spring, detent, or other mechanism designed to create a bias toward closure of the blade and that requires exertion applied to the blade by hand wrist, or arm to overcome the bias toward closure to assist in opening the knife.
Bear Mountain Holdings will not sell to any individual or group outside the State of Florida without the above conditions being met. This does not apply to automatic knives manufactured, distributed, purchased or sold within the State of Florida. Proper identification may be required before the order is shipped in cases where restricted items are purchased.
9. Legal Disclaimers. Bear Mountain Holdings offers no legal advice regarding laws applicable to your purchase of Products. We have provided general information herein to you of federal laws that may affect your purchase. It is your responsibility, as the buyer, and not Bear Mountain Holdings, as the seller, to ascertain and obey all applicable international, federal, state, and local laws regarding your purchase and use of Products.
10. Change and Cancellation Policy. If you order the wrong Products, you may change your order up until the time the order is shipped. Once an order has been shipped, if you wish to change an item you must follow the guidelines in the Returns section below. If you would like to cancel your order you may do so up until the time the order has shipped. Once an order has been shipped you must follow the guidelines in the Returns section below. You can contact us about a change or cancellation at the email or telephone number listed in the “contact us” section of the Website. If you choose to send an email you must use “order change” or “order cancellation” in your email subject line to make sure the email is directed to the correct department to improve the chance that the change or cancellation can be implemented before the order ships.
Credit Card Orders. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. We do not accept Paypal. By ordering with a credit card you agree that you are authorized to use such credit card and, if there is a billing dispute, to handle any billing disputes directly with us.
Bear Mountain Holdings reserves the right to request identification for any purchases of any kind. No customer shall be obligated to provide identification, however failure to provide requested information may result in the cancellation of the customer's order. If the order is cancelled and charges to the credit card used will be voided or refunded.
12. Shipping - Domestic Orders.
(a) For more information concerning shipping, please visit our please visit the SHIPPING PAGE on the Website for complete information.
(b) Bear Mountain Holdings makes no guarantees about shipping time. We will attempt to stay within the specified time frames indicated on the Website; however, delays may result from occurrences, such as, without limitation, customer verification, declined credit cards, restricted items, legal prohibitions, product unavailability, acts of God, and other force majeure events.
(c) Product orders with a value of $300 or more are automatically shipped as “signature required.” Product orders with a value of less than $300 are automatically shipped as “no signature required.” If you would like your order shipped with or without a “signature required,” as applicable, simply indicate this to us in the notes box at checkout. If you waive the required signature on your order, you accept all responsibility pertaining to loss, theft or damage. If you pay for shipping, risk of loss and title to the Products transfers to you upon our tender of the Products to the courier; and, if we pay for shipping, risk of loss and title to the Products transfers to you upon delivery of the Products by the courier.
(d) There are some oversized and overweight items which have additional shipping costs. We will ship orders via FedEx, UPS, DHL, or USPS, at our discretion. If you wish to insure any of your shipments, which can be offered at your expense, please contact us at the information listed under the “contact us” section of the Website.
(e) Please note: There are some areas within the United States of America where we simply cannot ship certain restricted items (e.g. defense sprays, automatic knives, stun guns, knuckles, police batons, etc.). These areas include, but are not limited to: portions of Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin. Exceptions are made as local laws permit (proper ID may be required at the time of purchase).
(f) Address Verification. In many cases, orders that are placed with a ship to address that is not authorized by the credit card issuer are subject to shipping delays, verification emails/telephone calls and/or cancellation. Additionally, orders that are shipped to an address other than the authorized billing address are subject to shipping delays and verifications. In situations where we cannot confirm the validity of an order or we suspect fraud, the order will be cancelled.
13. Shipping - International Orders. We do not ship Internationally.
35 Hypolita Street
St. Augustine, FL. 32084
Attn.: General Counsel
22. Independent Parties. Nothing in this Agreement shall create an employer-employee, partner, joint ventures or agent relationship between Bear Mountain Holdings and you.
26. Assignment. You may not assign or sublicense any part of the Agreement, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Bear Mountain Holdings.
27. Layaway. We do not offer Layaway.